Q: What is Deep Learning Online Bootcamp?
A: The Deep Learning Online Bootcamp is an initiative by DPhi to help aspiring Data Scientists learn and apply concepts of Deep Learning in real-life. During the bootcamp, experts from industry & academia will take sessions on the different aspects of Deep Learning; they will also discuss how to approach a Deep Learning Problem and illustrate the same by solving some interesting Data Science problems.
Also, since it’s a community effort, it is free for everyone to join!
Q: When does the bootcamp start?
A: The bootcamp commences on 20th August.
Q: What are the different topics of Data Science that will be covered during the bootcamp?
A: Detailed curriculum can be downloaded on the below links:
Q: Where will the online session be held? If I miss a live session for some reason, can I still see the lecture?
A: All the sessions will be streamed live on YouTube. Yes. All the lectures are recorded & published on DPhi YouTube channel. Please follow this link to see the session videos – here.
What is the format of the bootcamp? What can we expect?
A: The format is as below:
- Day wise modules: there will be day-wise modules which are for offline reading/learning and practice
- Live sessions: there will 5 live sessions from industry experts. You can ask questions on live chat and they will be addressed on chat or live by the speaker. To get an overview on how our live sessions work, head over to our previous bootcamp playlist: https://bit.ly/DPhi_DataScienceBootcamp_Playlist
- Real-time communication and mentoring by coaches: We have a nice community of coaches who mentor our learners and respond to all the queries almost instantly on our Slack workspace.
- Assignments/quizzes: Practice is an integral part of learning and you will be given 4-5 mandatory quizzes/assignments based on your track
- Community learning: In a nutshell, we promote community learning (where the entire community learn together and fail together, share knowledge etc).
Q: What is a DPhi Bootcamps Platform?
A: !! Note: We are yet to provide access to this, you will soon hear from us. In order to provide a smooth learning experience, we will be using DPhi Bootcamps platform to put day-wise modules/quizzes and assignments at one place. You can download your daily & weekly assignments, complete them, and submit them on the platform itself. There will also be a leaderboard tracker that would make it fun and interesting for all the learners. It will gamify your entire learning progress/journey, so make most of it and have fun!
The platform will primarily help you with the required information and learning resources throughout the bootcamp.
- Here is a short 15-sec video tutorial that would help you with a quick tour of the learning platform: here
Q: Where can I find the daily & weekly assignments & where do I need to submit them?
A: You can find the daily & weekly assignment on DPhi Bootcamp platform & you need to complete the assignments & submit them on the DPhi platform itself. The bootcamp platform will be made accessible to everyone by 19th August.
Q: How to login to Slack workspace & why do we need to use it?
A: It’s a simple 2-step process –
- Please follow this login link: here.
- Enter your email and password so that you could login.
In case, if you forgot your password, click on forgot password and follow the steps.
Also, it’s important to be on Slack because –
- you will be part of a learning group on slack
- you will be able to discuss your queries & doubts in the learning group with your coach
- you will receive updates about the bootcamp on Slack.
Q: What is criteria for Bootcamp Completion & Merit Certificates?
A: You will get a certificate only if you finish the course with certain criteria. The criteria is common for all learning tracks.
Completion certificate criteria:
- You must complete the mandatory assignment (1), project (1), and atleast 2 quizzes. Pass criteria will be 40% of the total score attempted by the learner.
Excellence certificate criteria:
Learners must complete all the mandatory quizzes, assignments, and projects. In addition to it, learners must be in the top 15% (and must have >85% score) of those who complete the daily tasks & assignments.